When people talk about tropical getaways, they usually refer to Bali, the Maldives, and Phuket and so on. However, for people who have already travelled there or for people who want to avoid going for something so mainstream, there is still another option. There is a hidden jewel in India known as Goa. Now Goa does have a lot of tourist traffic annually, however, you will find that there are some things that will just make Goa stand out from the rest regardless. We will be mentioning a few fun things about Goa below.
- Goa is the smallest state in India, however, it also happens to have the highest literacy rate in India with over 80% of the residents being literate.
- There are over 30 beaches in all of Goa, each of which differs from the next. You will find a few beaches that are exceptionally crowded but if you go up north or ask around the locals, you can find more quiet, secluded and cleaner beaches.
- Goa is famous for its food. If you are someone that enjoys exploring different kinds of cuisines, you will find a lot of treasures in Goa. From their curries to their fresh seafood, food from Goa is essentially comfort food for the soul.
- The entire atmosphere is Goa is a very relaxed and laidback one. You will find it really easy to slip into a calmer state once the fresh sea breeze hits you.
- Goa is a relatively inexpensive options compared to other tropical countries around the world. You can easily find good 5 star hotels in Goa that will not cost you a fortune either.
- The hospitality you find in Goa from the locals to the restaurants and shop owners cannot be rivaled, and you will feel right at home there.